Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Shelf to Shelf


I've been told by multiple people that when it comes to books I am an extremely critical reader. I nitpick the details and am known to shoot down New York Times bestsellers because the author can't write worth a crap but somehow everyone thinks the book is genius.

What can I say? 

I think it has to do with the fact that my reading time is very valuable to me. I don't get a lot of downtime to read, so when I do pick up a book, I expect it to be worthwhile. 

Yes, I am a harsh critic, but to every con there is a pro. When I feel a book deserves praise, I sing it from the mountain tops. I'll recommend the book to friends and strangers alike, buy copies to give away as gifts, and of course write about it here on the blog. 

Because a 5 star book is hard to find (in my opinion), I've decided to take it one step further and do a #shelfshare link on every book from here on out that gets a 5 star rating on The Book Faire. Books are pricey, and I know that all bookworms hate choosing between that book sale and buying milk (for Captain Crunch Berries). To help out I want to share the books that I think are worth the milk money. 

When a book gets a 5 star rating, I will host a giveaway. Here are the rules for entering:

1. Must be 18 years or older to enter (or have parental consent as I'll need your address)
2. Must live in a country where the Book Depository ships to (Do they ship to my country?)
3. Must love books

That's it! Three requirements, and no limitations on how many entries you can submit per day (or per hour, or per minute...although that would be a bit obsessive of you.)

The number of books I'll giveaway will depend on the cost of the book.

I hope that this allows a few extra readers to get their hands on a book that I think is a worthwhile read!


No comments:

Post a Comment